Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Sewell, or Pitts wearing this? Draft hats
(04-09-2021, 09:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Folks, I've said it before so I'll say it again.. When you buy and especially wear a team's logo on clothing or even put it on your vehicle like some do you are essentially PAYING them to do free advertising for them. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've worked in advertising and we ALWAYS charge companies to do advertising for them. Costumers don't pay to wear a Walmart shirt for Christ sake so why should anyone pay to wear a NFL shirt or hat or anything? These teams should be paying you to wear the damned stuff, not the other way around. This stuff is just so damned stupid it defies all logic. If Mike Brown or the reds owner, whatsisface wants me to wear their logo they can damned well jolly pay me to wear it.  ThumbsUp

Except, I don't care that I'm advertising for them. I'm ok with it. I make enough money from my 2 businesses that I am fine pimping Mikey Brown's sigil for free while I show off my Bengals pride. 

I'm picturing you at cookouts just flipping out that someone handed you a can of Pepsi while grabbing an unbranded glass, quickly pouring out the liquid into said glass and quickly throwing the can away before anyone sees you advertising the Pepsi brand by holding it.

I'm also picturing you ripping all of the logos and name plates from your vehicles. Even down to blacking out the sidewalls of your tires and unstitching logos from your shoes.

^ Does all of that sound like a ridiculous thing only a lunatic would do? Well, so did your post telling us we're advertising for the Bengals by wearing a team shirt and should refuse to do so without being paid.

BTW, my father was the National Advertising Manager for Dayton Daily News when he passed and had worked there in the advertising department for 27 years. He dealt with major accounts like Coke, National Amusements, Frito Lay, etc etc. He wore branded and logo'd stuff all the time. He would have said you are a loon with that take.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase, Sewell, or Pitts wearing this? Draft hats - PDub80 - 04-09-2021, 09:37 PM