Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-10-2021, 02:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is all about how you view the prospects.

Again, there isn't a bad choice among the three, but every time I look at the potential round 2 WR's vs the round 2 OL... I just go blah at the OL names.

If Vera Tucker was there, or Carman, or Cosmi, then you are alright.

But we will be looking at options like:

Teven Jenkins - who isn't a good fit for out scheme and may not be a good fit for anyone based on the offense he played in.

Walker Little - Played 1 game in 2019 before getting injured then opted out. 2 years, no football... that is a hard pass.

Dillon Radunz - I like this kid, but it is a gamble taking a guy from North Dakota State in round 2 and hoping he holds up against AFCN D lines.

Alex Leatherwood - This guy hurt his draft stock this season. He didn't play with an attitude that you want in an OL and he doesn't finish blocks. There is just something about the lack of attitude and effort, makes me think of Bobby Hart. Maybe he turns out great, but I'm not a fan.

Liam Eichenberg - Not athletic and struggles with speed rushers. Also, a reach at 38. Most reports on him are that he is solid and steady and technically sound, but he is playing at his ceiling.

All of the above are LT's as well. So you draft them at 38 and immediately are playing the shuffle game on the Oline, which is why most people are against Sewell.

The IOL guys in round 2 would be:

Wyatt Davis - Coming off an injury. We don't have much luck with drafting injured players.

Kendrick Green - A converted DL, who is a reach at 38

Trey Smith - an imposing G who is projected round 3.

Quinn Meinerz - love this kid, but again, 38 is too soon. Round 3, love it.

There is a drop off in talent from round 1 to round 2 at every position group.. it's how the draft goes. 

I just look at the team and think what position group can you handle a slighted flawed guy out there? Do you want a guy that is flawed protecting your franchise or a guy that is slightly flawed as your #3 WR?

That is why I've been big on Sewell. The flaws on Toney, or Dyami Brown, or Marshall, or either Moore is easier to hide and less damaging. Clean pocket and no one open? Throw it away. Guys open, no pocket - sacked.

It's also how you view the guys we already got. I dont consider tee higgins as #1,hes not fast hes a short pass receiver mostly from what I seen. So we have 2 #2s on our team in my eyes. O line we have two tackles penciled in. 

I also would rather shuffle the o line with a 2nd or 3rd round pick then a first. Because you are doing the exact same thing. We want to have a highly potent offense in order to win games this year. And the nfl favors offense now anyways. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-10-2021, 06:12 AM