Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
(04-05-2021, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you also can't point to a single game that the Bengals lost due to poor clock management or pretty much any other game day decision.

Marvin Lewis was not only in the top half of the league in winning percentage over his 16 year tenure, he was also in the top half of the league in "come-from-behind" winning percentage.  So he obviously was not that bad at in-game adjustments if he was able to come from behind to win so many games.

How do you calculate come from behind winning percentage? Any time you are behind in the game and retake the lead, then you start wins and losses from that point? If that's the case, I don't really see a value in that stat. 

I would say net points scored in the second half is much more indicative of being capable of half time adjustments. And the Bengals were outscored in the second half a lot under ML. Maybe its perception, because I don't have any stats to back it up, but when I watched the games it seemed like ML's biggest shortcomings were giving up TD's on the last drive before half time and the first drive after the half. It just happened over and over and over. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear - bengalfreak - 04-10-2021, 06:34 AM