Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020.
(04-10-2021, 08:55 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Joe Burrow needs to work on his deep throws. No question. That was his biggest knock coming out of LSU: He drops them into buckets (gives a DB more time to adjust) instead of driving them on ropes. This is NOT an accuracy issue - as scouting reports noted. It's an arm strength and feet issue - that can be worked on and corrected some over time.

- The line also needs to work on consistently giving those plays time to develop and Joe space to step into throws.

- And the Bengals need a #1 WR who can give Burrow more than the 1.7 avg yards of separation AJ Green did in 2020. AJ's entire 2020 season was a pitiful display. The Bengals starting trio had the lowest avg yards of separation than any other group in 2020 and AJ was a huge reason for that. Although, Boyd & Higgins weren't stellar at 2.7 & 2.5 respectively.

^ That last one was the point of the other discussion I was referencing.

Regarding the football, if I recall correctly, Joe said in an interview that he finds the NFL ball easier to throw do to the shape and stickier texture to it vs a college football.

As far as the howitzer you're carrying around with you.... Can you throw it over them mountains?

I've heard several QBs say the same thing. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020. - rfaulk34 - 04-10-2021, 05:04 PM