Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-10-2021, 07:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: With his pro day, Marshall all but guaranteed he will be a first rounder. I wouldn't be shocked of he was WR 2 or 3 off the board after Chase.

I guess what I keep getting stuck on is that I believe that Chase is so much better than what will be available at WR in round 2 compared to the difference between Sewell and the linemen in round 2.

Jamaar Chase absolutely destroyed 4 CBs who were very high to good NFL draft picks. Like, obliterated them. Sewell did well against Pac 12 guys. I see Chase as a bigger, faster, stronger version of Steve Smith (Panthers) and Sewell more of a Quenton Nelson. Sewell is nowhere in the same stratosphere of an Orlando Pace or Andrew Whitworth, IMO just due to size alone. Sewell was interesting when he was listed at 6'6", but that turned out to be a myth when he came in at 6'4" (Neslon is 6'5") with shorter arms.

With Sewell, think the Bengals would be using a top 5 pick on a player best suited at Guard in an absolutely STACKED O line class and that is an insane lack of value, IMO, while no one else is like Chase in this draft.

BTW, I will in no way be upset with a lineman. Not at all. The BEngals need talent all over. So, I will be excited. Hell, take a lineman in the 1st & the RB, Harris from Alabama in the 2nd and pound the rock between him & Mixon. I will LOVE that. Grab a WR or 2 later. Just add great players. That's all they need to do. I don't think the Bengals are THAT far off from being really dangerous.

PS: Tate is preeeeety close to a turtle.

And the WR class DOES have a ton of talent, but as I looked into what's available, that talent is either sub 6' tall or sub 185lbs. Most of them are little, quick slot guys or returners. Bateman and the kid from Colorado are bigger guys. There's another who I am forgetting. The Bengals NEED to add 2 more WRs in the draft and sign a few before camp. They only have 5 on the roster.

Thank God there is some sensible bengals fans on this subject on here. You and the user whatever explain it pretty well. Our receivers last year could not get much seperation and definitely not a deep threat. Even tee higgins in that mix is not fast. I would actually consider him a posession type of receiver right now,he has potential of being more,but idk why these guys are penciling him in as #1 stud. 

Once again I'll be fine if they take sewell but the rest of the draft I'll be sitting with my fingers crossed hoping and praying they pick the right receivers that I actually like. As in if they take chase I'll feel pretty comfortable they'll draft a solid lineman.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-10-2021, 08:41 PM