Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy"
(04-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a WR from LSU that posted a 4.38 forty and a 39" vert...who runs good routes and is bigger (6'3") than Chase.

This guy should be available with our 2nd round pick, and suits our needs perfectly.

That's my dream scenario. Take Sewell, then Marshall. Also pick up Moss, who just got cut.

I'm with ya. My dream outcome since bowl season has been R1 - Penei, R2 - Marshall, R3 - Davis/Humphrey/Perkins. It's remarkable how often the same scenario has cycled from "likely" to "unlikely" and back- without any games being played. I can't wait for this ride to be over. I am nauseous. :)

Marshall's availability at 38 is the big wild card, as you know. His current draft slot across the six mocks that I'm tracking (PFF, PFN, TDN, NFLN, McShay, Walter) ranges from 26 to 58, and the average is 37.8. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself but still makes me giggle.  Wink

I also think that we're in a bit of a precarious position in R2 for the same reason that we're safe in R1: we could go either OL or WR. In R2, we'll be going the other way by default and it'll be an open secret, especially if we pick Penei at #5. So even if Marshall survives the first, we'll be among the most vulnerable teams early in the second, bound to get hopped.

There are obviously a lot of ifs in this scenario, but the more I think about it, the more it seems that the only way we can expect to land him is by trading up. I'd be laying the foundation for those talks right now, and targeting a team like the Jets at 34... or maybe as high as our dear friends in Buffalo at 30.

These are tricky trades to make, though- and we're not exactly known for making them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy" - tms - 04-11-2021, 12:29 AM