Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-11-2021, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mr Mora Jr.,
    Tee Higgins averaged over 15 YPC with Joe last year (over 16 YPC their last 4 games together. The Bengals have a very good outside threat and one that can catch the deep ball. Tee has always been an outside deep threat both in college ans to date in the pros.

It's OK to want ja"Marr, but don't be like mora Jr and say we have no outside threat at WR

You need to dive into these statistics a little further. You're telling me how good the cake tastes bases off of the icing.

According to Nextgenstats...

Only 12 of Tee Higgins 67 catches were over 15 yards in thenair last season. Only 8 of which were in the air over 20 yards... None of which traveled 30.

The Bengals ranked 31st in the NFL in deep passes completed (balls that traveled 20 yards in the air or more) ZERO of which came past 30 yards and the majority of which were 20-25 yards.

The Bengals also had the WORST trio of WRs in terms of avg yards of separation per catch. AJ Green 1.7, Higgins 2.5, Boyd 2.7.

The Bengals have NO ONE as a deep threat. Literally no one on the roster. Every Bengals podcast has touched on this the last 4 years. This is killing Taylor's offensive scheme AND Joe Mixon because teams cheat up and do not hold numbers back to respect anything deep.

Here's a link to nextgen https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/ to verify the WR stats. Who is reolacing AJ Green for you? Michael Thomas? Tate? UDFA Stan Morgan?

You drafting Bateman as your replacement for AJ Green? A late round flier on a WR to do it? You think Higgins is going to be prime AJ Green at some point?

Tee Higgins is not a deep ball guy. Not in the NFL. He doesn't have the speed or quickness. Can he grab jump balls and be a threat deep? YES. As the main guy getting doubled? Probably not.

You cannot run a 4 and 5 wide offense based around Tee Higgins and a great slot guy. Literally every piece of data on Bengals WR performance from last season and the prior seasons points to the Bengals not having anything (reliable... looking at YOU, John Ross) to take the top off of an NFL defense.

You disagree? Based on what? I showed you what I based my conclusions off of. What are you basing yours on?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - PDub80 - 04-11-2021, 11:27 AM