Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-11-2021, 11:27 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You disagree? Based on what? I showed you what I based my conclusions off of. What are you basing yours on?

You seem to be trying to make some connection between "separation" and being a "deep threat" but when I look at the stats I don't see that at all.

Receiving Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

Many of the receivers who have a high "separation" number also have a very low "Air target" number.  There is no correlation at all.

The best example is a guy who finished with the 6th highest "separation" number in the league at 3.9.  He also had an extremely low "air target" number at just 5.02.  His name is Drew Sample.

Are you seriously going to argue that if we had Drew Sample at WR with his elite separation number that we would have a legit deep threat at WR?

I enjoy looking at these new nextgen stats.  Some of them are very helpful.  But your attempt to use "separation" to determine which receivers are deep threats is a complete fail.  There is zero correlation between "separation" and "deep threat".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-11-2021, 01:16 PM