Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 03:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except their are not enough trans women in the school systems for this to happen. So this is really just hyperbolic.

I don't know, do you know? Honestly, truthfully, do you know how any of these children would feel in those situations? I'd wager the answer here is no among all of us. I'd put money down that these young people being educated about all of these things will help all parties feel less awkward about it all, but we don't know how any of them feel and we should stop pretending like we do.

They do? In my school district the PE teachers don't go in the locker rooms at all unless there is a situation that needs their attention.

As to the stuff I put in bold. Please do try to at least be a respectful person with regards to your language. You've been inflammatory in your language here for a while, and I don't know whether or not you are doing it intentionally to get a rise out of some people or whether you have a legitimately hard time with it, but we are discussing people that consider themselves to be a particular gender. We're not talking about someone that just wakes up and decides to be a girl one day and a boy the next. We're discussing people that truly feel their biological sex does not reflect their gender and it is not something that should be approached in such a flippant manner as you are here. Your language has toned down on the issue since your time away, but it is still very disrespectful and it would be appreciated if you made some effort to make some adjustments.

1. He/she's will only grow if this proceeds.   They will just identify to compete in sports.    Kids already move schools at will now.   It will only take a girls soccer or basketball team winning with a boy.    There is pressure to win in high schools atheltics and lines are often crossed.    

2.  Kids know who does and doesn't belong in the men's and women's restroom.  

3.  My Office was in the boys locker room.   And my female teachers office was in the girls locker room .  There needs to be supervision in all places in the school.   Especially in a high risk areas like changing rooms.  

As for the comment about my choice of words.   According to Slate .... I am using words that show pride. You are advocating for a conservative position of taking away someone's identity....   This actually probably deserves its own thread, I am sure it will get lost in here.  

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/30/is_tranny_a_slur_or_an_identity_who_decides.html
Quote:RuPaul’s comments have joined impassioned missives from trans artist Mx. Justin Vivian Bond, trans author and artist Kate Bornstein, and drag performer Lady Bunny, all of whom in their own ways echoed RuPaul’s view that “banning” ***** was an example of a conservative minority speaking on behalf of—and doing a certain kind of violence to—those for whom the term is, in the words of Bornstein, a “valid, vibrant, and vital identity.” Bond is particularly blunt on this point:

What [critics of the word] fail to recognize is that by banishing the use of the word ***** they will not be getting rid of the transphobia of those who use it in a negative way. What it does do is steal a joyous and hard-won identity from those of us who are and have been perfectly comfortable, if not delighted to BE *****.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-05-2015, 06:46 PM