Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-11-2021, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Only on the Bengals boards will you see people hyping up late round scrubs like Armon Binns and Cody Core, then trash a guy who just had one of the best rookie seasons in team history. All so they can justify taking another WR a year after the star QB got his knee shredded due to bad blocking.

Only on Bengals boards will people rip the starting QB for needing to be "surrounded by weapons", then when we get an elite QB (potentially), they want him to be surrounded by weapons.

Only on Bengals boards will people swear by PFF, then ignore that our top WR graded out as (IIRC) the 2nd or 3rd best player on the entire team.

I get what you're saying.

You know what I also get?

This team isn't a "shiny toy" drafting machine either the more recent drafts.

It's not like they haven't picked O-linemen high.

If they take Sewell it will be two years a high pick for Tackle in the past 3.

Tee Higgins ain't no slouch but he kind of surprised me honestly.  Not like Jefferson and his play in college coming out who looked like a true #1.

Mixon is what some might call a "shiny toy" pick yet it was a risk even in the 2nd round with character questions.

It really isn't absurd to consider drafting someone like Chase, Smith, Waddle as our future number one WR
(even more so that there is a QB connection with one of them)and take a T/C/G in 2nd or beyond. 

Higgins could very well have had a freshman showing, and go through a sophomore slump once defenses start targeting him.

Adding Chase doesn't necessarily rob Tee of being a powerful target.  It could quite possibly have the reverse affect.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 04-11-2021, 05:16 PM