Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I question that great QBs need "elite" players.. great Qbs raise the game of good players.. I think Brady and Rodgers are good examples of that.. Higgins as a rookie did a very good job and Boyd has continued to put in numbers without having an elite QB... 
You ask Brady or Rodgers  if they prefer to address the Oline if it is weak over adding to a good WR core.. I thinking they are saying address the Oline... 

Sewell is the guy.. hopefully the Bengals don;t pass on him if available..

In Rodgers' lone SB win, his top 4 WR's were Greg Jennings(2xPro Bowler), Donald Driver(4xPro Bowler), Jordy Nelson(1x Pro Bowler/1xAll Pro), and James Jones(led the NFL in receiving TD's in '12). Is the goal to win the SB or to just make Joe carry this team to the playoffs?  Rodgers can't win it all without "elite" guys around him, either.  He had a stacked WR corps for his SB win.  

Is Burrow the GoaT QB?  Is Taylor the GoaT head coach?  Is Sample a HoF TE?  Do we have a great defense?  Are you going to cheat and steal the other team's signals to make those scrub WR's more effective?  I'm not really seeing how this is a blueprint for success that we can effectively follow.

We do not have a good WR corps.  Our #3-5 WR's have a combined 2 TD's in 10 years in the league.  That's pathetic.  We have a couple of good players, but no legit WR1 and our #3 is either Mike Thomas or Auden Tate at this point.  

Is that what they would say, or that what you would want them to say?  I know Burrow, who you have apparently made equivalent to Brady in this case, wants a WR, not OL.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-11-2021, 07:56 PM