Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-11-2021, 08:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I highly doubt this argument was made.  Drew Sample's average route was like 6 yards.

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is just another case of you twisting someone's argument to be made to look as ridiculous as possible.  I really don't know why you continually do this.  It shouldn't be that hard to just argue against what is actually presented. 

If the person you're replying to did say this (that seperation is the only thing to use to measure a deep threat) then my apologies.  If not, can you please stop doing this?  I'm pretty sure it annoys a great deal of the board.

You know what I find annoying?  Guys like you who are so obsessed with takin g personal shot at me that you do it even when you admit you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

(04-09-2021, 02:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Next Gen stats also has QB avg separation stats. AJ Green was at 1.7 SEP, which is HORRIFIC. Higgins was at 2.5 (not great) & Boyd 2.7 (not great) NONE of those numbers are even close to the #1 down field guys on most teams in the NFL. Those numbers are poor.

Calvin Ridley# was the  number 1 downfield receiver for Atlanta with a separation of 2.9
Mike Evans# (2.8) for Tampa Bay
Terry McLaurin# (2.8) for Washington.
Jerry Jeudy (2.7) for Denver
Justin Jefferson* (2.6) and Adam Thielen (2.7) for Minnesota
D.K. Metcalf*# (2.6) for Seattle
Amari Cooper# (2.5) for Dallas
Marvin Jones (2.5) for Detroit
Chase Claypool (2.5) for Pittsburgh (Dionte Johnson had more receptions and yards, but only averaged 10.2 per catch compared to Claypool's 14.1)
D.J. Moore# (2.5) for Carolina.
T.Y. Hilton (2.5) for Indianapolis.
Nelson Agholor (2.4) for Las Vegas (Darren Waller had more receptions and yards but only averaged 11.2 per catch compared to Agholor's 18.7)
Cory Davis (2.4) and A.J. Brown*# (2.4) for Tennessee.
Darius Slayton (2.3) for Giants.
Allen Robinson# (2.3) for Chicago
D.J. Clark (2.3) for Jacksonville
Mike Williams (2.1) for Chargers (Keenan Allen had more receptions and yards but only averaged 9.9 per catch compared to Williams 15.8)
DeVante Parker (2.1) for Miami.

* Pro Bow
+ 1000 yds

(04-09-2021, 03:50 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What statistics or information do you need to see that shows the Bengals need a #1 WR to stretch the field? In 2020 they had a WR trio who had the lowest avg rate of separation in the entire league.

(04-09-2021, 04:34 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Will greater WR separation help a QB in deep ball completion %? ABSOLUTELY. That is a fact, not an absolute conclusion based on illogical reasoning.

Funny thing is that he never showed any correlation between "separation" and deep ball completion percentage.  

(04-10-2021, 06:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That is NOT good. Who do you have as the Bengals outside WR threat? Higgins got 2.5 yards separation per catch last year and doesn't have the extra gear to run away from guys. Who is the downfield threat for the Bengals?

So as you can see Pdub has been obsessed with this "separation" stat recently.  He has brought it up repeatedly as the stat that determines what WRs are are "#1 deep threats"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-11-2021, 10:22 PM