Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-12-2021, 12:21 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: I understand we need a 3rd WR but the forums are being overly-critical. Toney or Marshall do not fill the WR need the Bengals have. Boyd is a slot, Higgins is a WR2 who can be WR1 for many teams. Chase would easily place the Bengals WR corps in the top ten. Marshall or Toney would be a substitute for Boyd. I am not a fan of messing with this equation.

I still like Rundaz or Brown in the second. If anything, we should actually trade up to around pick 28 depending who is available - last years draft proves that teams don’t require significant draft capital to trade out of the first (see Ravens trade) or second.

Reiff will be ok, but an elite OT might be overrated. Chase is the perfect WR for Burrow and is in the same vein as Higgins - chemistry and versatility. The Ruggs, Waddles of the world - Nope.

Boundary WR don’t leave top ten, you see a lot of RT make it to 15-16 which is where I expect us to pick next year.

Are you saying Terrance Marshal from LSU is a slot WR? He's not a favorite of ine, but he's damn sure better suited to play on the outside.

There's plenty WRs with an early 2nd round grade that can play Z for us. Not the least of which is Nico Collins; 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bfine32 - 04-12-2021, 12:47 AM