Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
I’m guessing no team has ever won a Super Bowl with a top 5 TE either, but I would never let that stop me from drafting Pitts. Looking at history, trends, etc is interesting (and maybe even somewhat useful) but at the end of the day I think you need to compare these prospects to each other, and take the one you feel has the most value, and is going to make the biggest impact. That’s what I want with a top 5 pick. Not the safest, or who fills the most immediate need. If they think that’s Sewell, then great. Pull the trigger. Literally no one would be able to knock that pick. I just think it’s a lot tougher of choice than some are making it out to be. I’ve said it multiple times now, but I don’t envy Tobin one bit having to make this choice.

I do think interviews are going to be important if they have them all similarly ranked on their board. I know Chase is supposed to be an even better kid than he is a football player from everything I’ve heard about him. And Sewell’s coach made some pretty flattering comments about him recently. The guy I know the least about is Pitts, but I certainly haven’t heard anything on the negative side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-12-2021, 02:46 AM