Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dillon Randuz is better than Vera-Tucker and Alaric Jackson can be a diamond in the..
(04-12-2021, 01:37 AM)Synric Wrote: I like Dillon Radunz at Left Guard in a wide zone even in year one. I'm less worried about his size and more his tendency to play upright. He did look like he cleaned that up at the Senior Bowl though.

I am always attracted to small college players. I am a big believer in underdog picks.

Dillon Radunz is a very intriguing pick with a very nice upside in the right system.

I believe he is is a LT-only pick because he lacks the natural short-area upper body strength necessary to play as a NFL guard. He was a 265 pound freshman and is not a natural “big” guy.

He has nice footwork that could translate to LT despite shorter hands and arms typical for the position.

His run blocking is well ahead of his pass blocking. I have little concern that he could learn pass blocking but that could take some time.

He has shown little lateral mobility which is vitally necessary in a wide zone scheme. He most certainly a gap-power or inside zone kind of guy.

In short, he brings little to the Bengals especially in the year 2021 when there are many OL who could contribute right out of the box.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Dillon Randuz is better than Vera-Tucker and Alaric Jackson can be a diamond in the.. - CoachGeorge - 04-12-2021, 11:20 AM