Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cop At Center Of Manhunt Shot Himself
(11-05-2015, 06:46 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Good lord.  So, if I'm understanding you correct, that the majority of officers risk their lives every day and are generally good police, is a phony narrative because this guy staged his suicide?

I'm glad you asked if you're understanding me correctly, because no, you aren't. The idea that Black Lives Matter was stirring up anti-police sentiment to the point that good, upstanding, law-abiding, non-corrupt police officers were getting killed was a phony narrative.

Quote:And then, instead this cop - whom you've just highlighted as an example of a phony narrative - is a great example of police corruption and selfishness?  Does that not seem even a little bit hypocritical to you?

How about this is one cop and it doesn't prove anything or disprove anything or say much of anything about cops in general?

*I* was not the one who said it proved anything about "cops in general". You're making my point for me. It was a bad idea for the anti-BLM movement to make this cop their new poster boy, because it ended up backfiring now that we know he was actually exactly the kind of corrupt cop BLM and other advocates for police reform are talking about.

I agree that we should not be making wide-ranging stereotypical blanket statements about "cops in general" either way, which is why I'm befuddled as to why you, not me, keep using the phrase. Perhaps you can explain.

Quote:And in order to train people you need to set up realistic, plausible crime scenes.  I think you got very, very confused of what "staging" meant in this context.

Not sure why you would presume me to be "very, very confused". I asked a legitimate question about whether it is standard procedure for police to be trained on how to stage crimes based on a sentence from the story. I didn't have my mind made up either way; thus the question. But your explanation seems pretty plausible, so thanks for that.

If he was the one doing the training and was setting up crimes for the purpose of instructing others, then that is a plausible explanation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cop At Center Of Manhunt Shot Himself - GodHatesBengals - 11-05-2015, 07:10 PM