Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-12-2021, 12:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The battle rages on.

And still nothing is changing.

My last thoughts on this. If you want to succeed, you should model yourself after successful franchises. Which team has won the AFC North most in the last say 20 years?

Since 2000, the Steelers have won the division 10 times.
Since 2000, the Steelers have made the playoffs, 13 times.
Since 2000, the Steelers have drafted 1 WR in the first round. (2006, Santonio Holmes)

Think about how many years they've had WR's that our DBs just can't cover. And only 1, was from the 1st round.

Don't waste the pick. Be smart, model yourself off of successful franchises, or waste the pick and we can continue to finish 3rd or 4th in the division.

Quick Edit:

Just for fun and just to use a team people may hate less, I went and looked at Green Bay since we all like the Green Bay fan that stops by.

Since 2000, they also have used only 1 1st round pick on a WR, and that was 2002 (Javon Walker).

For us, if we take Chase, it will be 3 in 10 years. Green in 2011, Ross in 2017, Chase in 2021. 3 times as many in half the years. Not a plan for success.

This dude made a video about Chase vs Sewell and he brought up that no top 5 WR's taken in the last 10 years have won a SB, but I think at least 3 OL have. In fact this is a good video and this dude makes some very valid points. It's worth a watch, and I have to say coming away from watching this video I found myself agreeing with him. I've always known you build a team from the trenches out, but Chase definitely ha me licking my chops. Problem is, we need to keep Burrow healthy, get Mixon going and become a complete team. We passed too much last year and that is not a winning formula in most cases. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bengaloo - 04-12-2021, 02:22 PM