Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-12-2021, 02:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sewell isnt the only OT in this draft that can start week 1 
I sense this narrative that if the Bengals dont draft
SEWELL than the oline is bound to fail to keep Burrow 
Upright. 
This team can draft Sewell and JB could still take
A hit to the body and miss x amount of games
I watched Big Ben behind the best oline in the North
2-years ago miss 3/4s of a season.
QBs get hit over and over. Even behind the best olines

Yes but you're missing the overall point of the post. If we take Chase and he performs at an elite level, we'll eventually have to pay him elite WR money...at the same time we're having to pay Joe Burrow. I'm saying that's a TON of cap devoted entirely to the passing game. We'd be neglecting other areas of the team when you don't really need an elite WR when you have an elite QB.

With that in mind, the options become either (a) take Sewell or (b) trade back. I'd prefer either of those to taking Chase.

(04-12-2021, 02:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends what level of QB you’re talking. The highest paid WR in the league in Hopkins at $27,250,00 (the 2nd highest is Julio at $22 mil). You’re not getting one of the top QB’s for that. Guys you’re getting for low to mid twenties (on non-rookie deals) would be; Jimmy Garoppolo, Matthew Stafford, Derrick Carr, Teddy Bridgewater... Ofc you have to exclude Brady because he always takes team friendly deals. The top paid QB’s though? Mahomes makes $45 mil a season. Dak $40 mil. Watson $39 mil, etc.

Even paying a WR the same as a mid-tier QB is investing a TON of money in a QB/WR duo. Because we'll definitely be paying out the yang for Joe Burrow. Where's the examples of teams being successful with that model? Because there are plenty of examples of teams with elite QB's investing elsewhere and getting by with solid-but-not-eye-popping WRs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-12-2021, 04:04 PM