Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-12-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To me the WR’s were a far bigger problem in that set of clips. There was obviously a bunch of pressures too, but a lot of the throws were still right on target, but the WR had a DB(s) draped all over him.

I saw a grab bag of problems:

Lots of pressure
Some balls that were too high
Some come back routes that the DB just sat on
Some crossing patterns that didn't fool anyone
Only a couple of these were definitely 100% lack of separation being the main culprit

We definitely lack speed though. I've never argued that it isn't an issue. I just don't see it as a bigger issue than blocking.

Even if you view it as THE issue with deep passing, deep passing is also affected by blocking, and deep passing is only one aspect of the offense. More speed isn't going to help the run game more than better blocking. It isn't going to keep Burrow healthy like good blocking, and better blocking will also help deep passing.

I just see more benefits from better blocking than I do more speed. Of course, we can get both in this draft. We just disagree on how to go about it. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-12-2021, 05:48 PM