Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dillon Randuz is better than Vera-Tucker and Alaric Jackson can be a diamond in the..
(04-13-2021, 10:44 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Great post agree 100% it should be about protecting Burrow long term it wasn't just one freak ACL injury he was taking way to many hits before the injury. Think Andrew Luck instead of Palmer in 2005. If you don't want Sewell because you think he's not gonna be a great pro that's fine by me but assuming both Chase/ Sewell will both be studs I would take the tackle. I think this team needs multiple long term solutions on the line even if they take Sewell at #5 when you look at the current offensive line. And that offensive line run will get crazy look at the teams picking before us.

LT -    Williams has played 10 games in 2 years / I like him but needs to prove he can stay healthy. 
LG -  Spain 1 year spot gap/ graded out poorly. Yes he's better than Jordan but that's not saying much/ slightly below average on a good day
C-   Hopkins average at best coming off a week 17 ACL / Price 1st Rd. bust going in year #4 
RG - XSF most overrated player on the roster. Cut by the Titians in 2018, signed by Dallas to backup a rookie in Connor Williams. Filled in for 4 games when Williams got hurt than broke his leg. He played 5 games for the Bengals and graded out by PFF at 59.1 and I don't need PFF I just use my eyes and XFS wasn't good. Yup he's better than Jordan but again that's not saying much. 
RT- Reiff liked the signing but he's a 33 year old one year spot gap 

Exactly. If the Bengals think that Chase is far and away a better prospect, then I say take him. I don't know what the Bengals talent evaluators are thinking, but if they're close in terms of their status as prospects, I think Sewell should be the pick.

Like you said, Williams isn't really great at staying healthy. And our depth behind Reiff and Williams is...Fred Johnson and Hakeem Adeniji right now. Taking Sewell does two things: immediately fills the need at guard and covers tackle for injury and future, with Reiff likely being a 1 or maybe 2 year hold over.

I can't wait for draft night so this debate can be settled haha.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dillon Randuz is better than Vera-Tucker and Alaric Jackson can be a diamond in the.. - CJD - 04-13-2021, 11:53 AM