Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-15-2021, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Last year was the perfect storm for the offensive line:  It was really Jonah's rookie season.  COVID.  Turd coach.  Mike Jordan still sucked.  XSF injured.  I mean...it was a train wreck.  We actually celebrated Bobby Hart after the Eagles's game.  

This year, it will look much different with Pollack, a year 2 Jonah, XSF and Spain battling it out for LG, Reiff at RT, and a draft pick likely starting at RG.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they came from the draft with three offensive linemen drafted.  It will be better, and Chase will change the way teams defend the Bengals.  Most importantly, he will provide an answer when the ratbirds and steelers were able to lock down Boyd and Higgins.  

Spain and XSF really should really just be backups.  At center, Hopkins and Price are barely serviceable.  MJ being one injury away from starting is so scary.

So, hoping a day 2 draft pick can start right away, XSF and/or Spain can now somehow become a good starter(s) halfway through their careers and Hopkins recovers fully so we don't have to play Price is a lot to ask for don't you think?  

I see Burrow having a very difficult time with guys just pouring through the middle all over again.  I don't want to watch Brandon Allen anymore at QB because of the "perfect storm" that's been hanging around for years now.  OL has been our biggest problem and it has to be fixed or we go nowhere.  

But ya, Chase is awesome.  It's too bad our OL sucks so bad.  Defense isn't much better either.  Actually WR, I think is our strongest group besides QB (when Burrow gets his knee back again that is.)
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective - 2MinutesHate - 04-15-2021, 11:33 AM