Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-15-2021, 10:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You put a lot of definitive statements into something that is inherently subjective.  The Monday morning QB mentality of large swathes of our populace leads to a lot of "should of's" from people who have no functional understanding of the job.  I've already stated that discipline has become highly politicized, so I'm sorry if I don't use the IA findings as definitive proof.  Regardless, all of this ignores one simple fact, if the Lt. had actually complied with lawful instructions none of the following would have occurred.  Maybe they were wrong to initiate a high risk stop initially, but once the Lt. decided he knew the law and what he could and could not do, erroneously I might add, he justified their position.  Is it a chicken or egg scenario, maybe?  Like much of police work it's not an exact science, as much as many people want to pretend that it is.

You are saying he justified their position with his actions, but that sure seems like an inherently subjective matter to make such a definitive statement, especially considering IA and the chief both disagree with you.

If you reject IA here simply because you have decided that discipline is "highly publicized" you have essentially decided that you reject anyone who has all the info in favor of your own opinion. IA action was taken a month after the incident and 4 months before anyone in the general public knew anything about this situation. IA, the only people who know the facts that you keep demanding people should know before judging, ruled that they violated the department's use of force guidelines. That's it, there is no more discussion about it, your belief on the subject is wrong. If the officers had an issue with the IA findings they would have properly appealed through the union as is standard practice, considering one was fired I am SURE the union reviewed the matter.  

I want to come back to something because I think it is pretty apparent in this thread your pro-cop bias here is pushing a narrative that doesn't exist. Earlier you said crime was skyrocketing, I asked you to provide the stats that you are using to make such a baseless claim and you simply skipped responding to that post. For someone who wants to constantly talk about fact-based comments, I would like you to show me where crime as a whole is skyrocketing? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Au165 - 04-15-2021, 12:12 PM