Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-15-2021, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The starting offensive line for the first half of the season also consisted of Mike Jordan (awful) at LG, and a revolving door at RG consisting of Fred Johnson (awful, but to be fair, not his natural position), and Alex Redmond (solid run blocker, poor pass blocker) before it was stabilized with Spain and the return of XSF toward the end of the season.  

Not addressing my comment to you, just commenting on something that most people skim over in the "Sewell or Slater to Guard for one season" discussion. Johnson did indeed suck in his move to RG last season and many people use the "You can't expect Sewell or Slater to make a successful move to Guard" argument.

Bullshit.

Sewell and Slater are going to be top 5-15 picks and Johnson was a UFA already cut by another team. The talent level isn't even close by comparison. I'd move either to LG for a season before kicking them out to LT and move Williams to RT. I am not impressed with Williams at all. He got beat more often than the stats show because Burrow had already gotten rid of the ball many of the times or had already moved out of the pocket. I'm not calling Williams a bust at this point but he's far from a hit. He's about as good at LT as Big Willie was and they moved him to RT to flourish against the opponent's #2 pass rusher instead of getting blown up every week by the #1 pass rusher while moving backup RG Rod Jones to starting LT. I think that move would be best for Williams as a Bengal.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-15-2021, 12:25 PM