Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-15-2021, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm saying his actions could certainly have justified their initial impression.  Are you stating otherwise?

I don't believe the armchair QB comment was directed at you, or anyone specifically.  You're also putting a lot of extras on my position that I have never argued.

Are you saying they didn't appeal?  You do know that process is not open to the public, right?  I am also not saying IA is automatically wrong.  What I am saying is that the current political climate has certainly skewed internal investigations against the officers.  I can state this as I have seen it first hand.  Many of my colleagues in other departments report the same thing.  The chief of a department is a political position.  Many of their decisions will be made in that vein.  Again, I'm not privy to all information on this case, like everyone else here.  I can state that the chief came out to the scene and decided that night that the officers were in the wrong.  How many minutes did he review facts before coming to that conclusion?  You don't think that influenced any subsequent investigation?  Seems like the outcome was a fait accompli at that point.

Oooh, this is quite the declarative statement.  Not exactly one conducive to any "real discussion" to be sure.

Dear god, this is a fact.

Now, I'm sure you'll blame Covid and the lockdown, because that's easier for you to explain away.  It is certainly a factor, but it doesn't explain it away entirely and it's not going to go away after Covid.  I suppose we'll see, but for you to claim this is a "false narrative" is patently absurd.  Certainly not conducive to a "real discussion".

I am saying those qualified to make those determinations disagreed with you. You present it as the fact they were justified and as evidence, by their punishments, it was not the case.

We know they lost the appeal because the disciplines stood and he was fired. There are two positions one can have, they were in the right or they weren't. My position of they were wrong is backed by an independent 3rd party who fired them after reviewing all facts, yours is your opinion backed by nothing yet you keep demanding facts.

So you are cherry-picking specific stats from specific places over small periods rather than using the industry-accepted UCR that shows crime in this country is going down and has been for decades? Sorry, you are wrong. UCR data is the golden standard for the overall climate of crime in the country and it's down and has continued to trend down for a very long time. Total 2020 data will be out in July and we can come back to this, but a claim of "sky rocketing" is going to be a pretty tough sell I am guessing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Au165 - 04-15-2021, 12:38 PM