Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-15-2021, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed.
And Spain was coming from a different offense and only started one game with the Bengals before the WFT game where Burrow got knocked out for the season.

I do think this OL already looks better on paper than when Jordan, Redmond/Johnson, and Hart were starting.
I'm still nervous if both Spain and XSF start this year, as that could mean we're one injury away from Jordan starting again.
Hopefully they can get an OL on Day 2 who can either start at OG or at least be good enough to be the first guy off the bench.

I believe XSF and Spain will be competing at LG.  That is both of their natural position, and it allows for immediate quality depth should one of them be injured early as it happened last year.  

I am starting to think that the player they get in Rd 2 might just be the best lineman still on the board, and there is a chance that could be a guard.  I am not sure that I would take a tackle like Walker Little (who I like) or Spencer Brown (who I love, as a long term prospect) and project them to start at RT and move Reiff inside.  Nor do I think either of those players would make a solid option at RG.  But a player like Ben Cleveland could be a really good starting RG and then in Rd 3, you could go after a tackle that you could try to develop behind Reiff.  I am unsure if Spencer Brown would make it to Rd 3, but I would be doing backflips if we came away with a first three rounds of Chase, Cleveland, and Brown.  

I just realized that our #2 and #3 picks would be CLEVELAND BROWN.  Funny.

Another possibility is sliding a bit in Rd 2 and trying to pick up an extra 3rd that could be used a pass rusher.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective - SHRacerX - 04-15-2021, 02:06 PM