Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-15-2021, 02:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe XSF and Spain will be competing at LG.  That is both of their natural position, and it allows for immediate quality depth should one of them be injured early as it happened last year.  

I am starting to think that the player they get in Rd 2 might just be the best lineman still on the board, and there is a chance that could be a guard.  I am not sure that I would take a tackle like Walker Little (who I like) or Spencer Brown (who I love, as a long term prospect) and project them to start at RT and move Reiff inside.  Nor do I think either of those players would make a solid option at RG.  But a player like Ben Cleveland could be a really good starting RG and then in Rd 3, you could go after a tackle that you could try to develop behind Reiff.  I am unsure if Spencer Brown would make it to Rd 3, but I would be doing backflips if we came away with a first three rounds of Chase, Cleveland, and Brown.  

I just realized that our #2 and #3 picks would be CLEVELAND BROWN.  Funny.

Another possibility is sliding a bit in Rd 2 and trying to pick up an extra 3rd that could be used a pass rusher.  

I could see an IOL taken in Rd 2 who starts at RG and then someone like Brown or Walker taken in Rd 3-4 to groom behind Reiff.

I could also see a scenario where they take a guy in Rd 2 who could start at RG as a rookie then move to OT in 2022 (Cosmi, Leatherwood), and then grab a developmental guard like Kendrick Green in the middle rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective - ochocincos - 04-15-2021, 02:21 PM