Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-15-2021, 12:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am saying those qualified to make those determinations disagreed with you. You present it as the fact they were justified and as evidence, by their punishments, it was not the case.

And I've explained how the Chief showing up that night and admitting wrongdoing before having any chance to actually investigate the matter clearly indicates that a decision was made that night.

Quote:We know they lost the appeal because the disciplines stood and he was fired. There are two positions one can have, they were in the right or they weren't. My position of they were wrong is backed by an independent 3rd party who fired them after reviewing all facts, yours is your opinion backed by nothing yet you keep demanding facts.

One officer was fired.  Also, this didn't occur that long ago, there's zero chance the civil service appeals process has concluded in that matter, those take a long time to play out.

Quote:So you are cherry-picking specific stats from specific places over small periods rather than using the industry-accepted UCR that shows crime in this country is going down and has been for decades? Sorry, you are wrong. UCR data is the golden standard for the overall climate of crime in the country and it's down and has continued to trend down for a very long time. Total 2020 data will be out in July and we can come back to this, but a claim of "sky rocketing" is going to be a pretty tough sell I am guessing.

Sure, cherry picking.  And I'm the one not having a serious discussion.  You mentioned the UCR, which is good, as it shows that violent crime rose as high as 6% in the US, and that the only areas of the country that did not see an increase were areas with populations under 10,000.

https://crime-data-explorer.app.cloud.gov/explorer/national/united-states/prelim-quarter

Murder was up as high as 32% and rose across the board.  Aggravated assault was up by as high as 16%, with the only exception again being areas under 10,000 population.  As you said, the full year won't be out until July.  What will you say then if the numbers bear my assertion out?  Blame the entire rise on the pandemic?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-15-2021, 05:03 PM