Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(04-15-2021, 06:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, you are cherry picking stats...from UCR for first half of 2020.

I'm not cherry picking a damned thing, I gave you the link with the relevant data for all crimes

Quote:“The FBI’s Preliminary Uniform Crime Report, January–June, 2020, reveals overall declines in the number of violent crimes and property crimes reported for the first six months of 2020 when compared with figures for the first six months of 2019.“

You are keying in only on Murder and Assault while rape and robbery dropped. OVERALL violent crime, and property crime, was down for the six month period year over year. None of that is “crime is skyrocketing” as you claimed, but rather specific crimes in specific places sky rocketed for one small snapshot.

Yeah, it's not a big deal at all that murder rates have risen by as much as 33%.  Let's put it this way, if your investment portfolio increased by 33% in one year, would you call that skyrocketing?  In any event, you're now having a semantic argument.  You prefer another adjective to "skyrocketing" fine.  It doesn't change the main point at all.

Quote:Overall, as I said, crime has been dropping for decades and even a “sky rocketing event (which isn’t happening) wouldn’t even take us back to levels from the early 2000’s which means this narrative of the nefarious characters over running the country is just that, a fake narrative.

Yes, it has been declining steadily, a point I have made several times myself.  That is, it was until the last two years, which have seen increases in both.  Whether the crime rate compares favorably to the early 2,000 is utterly meaningless as we're talking about current trends.  You're introducing an irrelevancy like it helps your argument.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-15-2021, 06:50 PM