Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
We were averaging nearly 30 points per game with needs at both WR and OL there for a stretch last season. The biggest issue for someone like me was the lack of run blocking. It was worse than the pass blocking until a bit later in the year after Mixon was already hurt. Establish the run and you'll protect Burrow, the lead, and keep the defense fresh. I for one do not want to become a Big 12 air raid attack where every game is a 60 point shootout. I want to run it down peoples throats and then let Joe sit back and pick them apart when stack the box.

When I look at our line, I feel like we could use upgrades at almost every position. We look a little better with Spain and XSF over Jordan and Johnson playing G, but if one of them gets hurt, its right back to what we had last year. What are the chances we have injuries on the OL this year? Judging from history pretty good. Hopkins is a big question mark now. Will he return to his average form, or have some dropoff? Imo, Jordan, Redmond shouldnt even be on the roster at all. Who was that other guy, Calhoun? We could use the guys like XSF and Spain coming off the bench behind better players. Reiff may end up solid, but he's older and if he gets hurt its back to Johnson. I'm really hoping Adeniji is one of the guys who really ups his game in year 2. He really wasnt that bad last year for a later round rookie under coach Turner who was a mistake hire by Zac.
Ok, soapbox off lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - bengaloo - 04-16-2021, 12:01 AM