Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-15-2021, 11:35 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) The Bengals have a solid/good Tackle combination as is. So to say that we absolutely need a RT or Burrow automatically gets hurt is a bit dramatic.

2.) IOL play is a bigger issue than Tackle right now.

3.) You can scheme around a bad Offensive Line with quick passes and screens. It's harder to scheme when guys can't get open.

4.) Joe style is going to lead to a lot of sacks early in his career. That is one of the reasons why we drafted him is because He is a play extender. Unfortunately there going to be times when he takes unnecessary hits because he olds onto the Ball too long. He had his fair share of Sacks counted against him last season because of this. It's a trade off that the Bengals have to take in stride.

I'm in neither the Chase or Sewell side. I'm in the trade down side; one of my reasons is because it is a deep Offensive Line draft. I would also say the same thing about the WR talent in this draft.

Honestly trading back wouldnt hurt my feelings. I also think both WR and OL are deep with talent, more than other folks seem to. Chase looks like he has it all and so does Sewell for his age especially, and if we end up with either of them I'll be fine with it. You look at guys like Bateman and Slater though, put them on an offense with Burrow and they could be superb. We could trade back for either and get extra picks and improve the team even further. 

Most likely we will draft Chase. If we do, we will have drafted the best WR in the class. Its hard to argue with that as long as we do other things to keep Burrow upright and allow Mixon to run. If we cant run again this year we may as well trade Mixon. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - bengaloo - 04-16-2021, 12:28 AM