Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-16-2021, 12:57 AM)bengaloo Wrote: In almost any other year I would already be ready to order my Chase jersey. But as I was saying in another thread. Higgins had 900 yards last year and Boyd had over 840. Higgins would've no doubt went over 1000 yards in his rookie season if Burrow didnt get hurt. He would've been one of 3 rookie WR's to get 1000+ since 2005. I think Boyd would've went over 1000 as well. So, imo we already have two pro bowl or borderline pb caliber WR's on the team right now. We have nothing like that on the OL. Not one. How many 1000 yard type WR's do we really need especially if we want be able to run again?

I was wondering the same thing.  If we draft Chase, how do you pay all 3 WR's if they all have 1,000 yard seasons?  Or, who gets the heave ho?
You would have two of them on their rookie deals so that would help.  Secondly, if you're going with a pass-happy offense, what happens to Mixon and the big contract that he just signed last year?  Does he get cut to help pay for the WR's?  I think it's senseless to pay him that much money if he can't get yards behind an OL that can't run block.

Also, would we even need to spend much money on the OL if they didn't need to run block well?  Right now we're ranked 24th in spending on the OL because we do have a lot of backups playing as starters.  If Chase is drafted, hopefully Pollack can salvage what we do have to keep Burrow upright long enough to hit an open receiver.  Somebody should be open if you have Chase, Boyd and Higgins all on the field at the same time.
I think it's risky, but I'm thinking that's exactly what Taylor is going to do.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - 2MinutesHate - 04-16-2021, 11:14 AM