Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet...
(04-16-2021, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If I give the benefit of the doubt to him (I know I shouldn't), he's probably referring to Chad's last couple years in Cincy where he and Palmer seemed to be out of sync, possibly with him running the wrong route occasionally.

But there's no doubt that Chad was a great receiver. You don't just put up 11000 yards and 67 TDs by just being "meh."
Heck, Chad would have been probably 12000+ had Palmer not gotten his elbow injury early in 2008.

It is worth noting AJ Green probably would have passed Chad had he not been as injured these past few years.
AJ and Chad played 10 years in Cincy, but AJ played 24 games less than Chad.

This is all true but it doesn’t mean AJ was better. The passing rules have changed so much in such a short period of time that the NFL receiving and passing records are unimpressive. That’s why current generation QBs hold all of the TD/yardage records. Dan Marino’s 48 TD passes in a season is still way more impressive to me than these guys today throwing 50+ because of how the game was played and officiated back then.

I still would rank Chad (slightly) above AJ on my WR rankings. And yes Chad was an excellent route runner with lightning quick feet who was also a pain in the ass sometimes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet... - Clark W Griswold - 04-16-2021, 12:16 PM