Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/chad-ochocinco-reportedly-had-trouble-with-routes-09000d5d829b151d

I know where this comes from, his time in New England.

Chad Johnson, with the Bengals knew where he was expected to be, but with the Patriots he had 4 different options based on the defense at all times, that's after the ball is snapped, and he just couldn't understand it or get on the same timing with Tom Brady.

If Tom Brady says you can't learn the system or run routes that's kinda going to stick with you for life.

Chad had the best footwork of any receiver I've ever seen, he could disguise any route and seeing him make a sideline catch was a thing of beauty. His work ethic was the stuff of legends.

But if I'm being honest I probably wouldn't consider him a top 10 route running WR of all-time or anything like that.

But that was a reason why Marvin Lewis was a underrated coach. He was never too prideful in himself to tweak the playbook to help a player like Chad or Burfict who had trouble learning all the little nuances of the game as well.

Chad in Cincinnati was a very good at route running, but in other systems he struggled very mightily with it.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet... - TheBengalsMind - 04-16-2021, 01:04 PM