Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-16-2021, 11:14 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I was wondering the same thing.  If we draft Chase, how do you pay all 3 WR's if they all have 1,000 yard seasons?  Or, who gets the heave ho?
You would have two of them on their rookie deals so that would help.  Secondly, if you're going with a pass-happy offense, what happens to Mixon and the big contract that he just signed last year?  Does he get cut to help pay for the WR's?  I think it's senseless to pay him that much money if he can't get yards behind an OL that can't run block.

Also, would we even need to spend much money on the OL if they didn't need to run block well?  Right now we're ranked 24th in spending on the OL because we do have a lot of backups playing as starters.  If Chase is drafted, hopefully Pollack can salvage what we do have to keep Burrow upright long enough to hit an open receiver.  Somebody should be open if you have Chase, Boyd and Higgins all on the field at the same time.
I think it's risky, but I'm thinking that's exactly what Taylor is going to do.

Here is when each would hit FA:
Boyd - 2024
Higgins - 2024
Chase - 2026 (assuming the Bengals use the 5th year option)

Boyd will be 29 years old when he hits FA.

So my expectation would be that in 2024, the Bengals might either move on from Boyd or give him just a 2 year deal such that they aren't paying three WRs top dollar when Chase hits FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - ochocincos - 04-16-2021, 04:47 PM