Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-15-2021, 10:33 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I love Chase --would love him on the Bengals but when I think about our OLine I simply cannot justify passing on an elite offensive lineman. So if you are committed to drafting Chase --please explain how you think the OLine will give Burrows enough time to use the weapons he will have.

Here is my assessment of the line --please share yours

Williams is average but getting better and a long term piece.Reif is solid but signed for one year.

Hopkins is below average and coming back from an injury.

Spain, XSF are back ups. XSF was a back-up for Dallas, he signed for a back-up salary. Spain was cut by Buffalo during the year when they had title hopes. He just resigned for a back up salary. Which means the Bengals, the other teams and the player all accept that at least for this year --they look like a back up. If they or other teams thought they were starters --they wouldn't have signed for back-up salary

Pollack is better than Turner --but we had Pollack before and the line was not great. So why do we believe he can turn poor players into sound players?

I think because we watched Turner coach Redmond, Hart and Jordan --we overvalue Pollack, Spain and XSF.

Sewell or Slater become our best OLineman. They guarantee we have three strong OLineman. Waiting to round two is just to great a risk for me.

Love to hear your argument
Williams had an excellent year and proved he can play at a high level at LT in the nfl. He is an ascending talent.

Hopkins is an average run blocker to below average and an above average pass blocker.

Xsf and Spain are OK guards.

3 of these 4 players could be upgraded. Probably won’t happen all in this draft.

I’m team Pittschasesewell. Picking chase makes sense because of the deep talent available in this draft, and there is a big drop off between round 1 and the rest.

Selecting Sewell is an excellent pick to help an offensive line talent improve. The talent between rounds though...isn’t so steep.

I get either selection. I’ll be excited with either. Just get it right.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - Gdale_Bengal - 04-16-2021, 06:20 PM