Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Drafting Chase Supporters
(04-15-2021, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a very good OL class. There’s like 10 guys ranked in the top 50 iirc. There’s going to be some very good options available at 38, that would be 1st round picks in some other years.

To me going with Chase comes down to one very simple reason, the drop off between him and the other outside WR’s is far greater than Sewell and the day 2 linemen. It’s about value, and where the sweet spot to hit those two particular positions is the strongest.

I can't say that I agree with any of this.

We don't know who is going to be around for linemen in the 2nd round, so a lot of those guys may come of the board late 1st and the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  That being said, I don't really see anyone ranked 6-10 that would have been a first round pick last year.

The simple fact for me, is that you can always find a WR that can come in and contribute year 1 in rounds 2-4.  We have seen the Bengals and other teams do it routinely.  The same can't be said about O-linemen.  We haven't hit on a guy outside of round 1 in ages.  I don't trust them to be able to do it this year.  Now, WR, we have been very strong in getting great guys in round 2.

There will be several WRs that will be able to step in right away in round 2.

I don't ever subscribe to the "this draft is so deep that we can address a need with a first round prospect in round 2-3" theory.  Nobody knows how the board will play out and you have to take the best guy for your team at #5.  Lord knows who will be around in the 2nd round at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for Drafting Chase Supporters - Hammerstripes - 04-17-2021, 03:01 PM