Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-17-2021, 02:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chase played at any other school than LSU.  I look back at this year and can't really think of too many people during the season saying  "boy, we have a huge need at WR and we really need to address it as a priority in the offseaon"

I just can't figure out why it's happening now.  

Now, I can go back and look at nearly every game and say, holy crap, how much better would this offense be if we would run the ball and stop getting out QB hit so much.

Not just LSU but specifically the Burrow chemistry that led to dominance.  I get the plug and play potential, but Sewell is a dream prospect.

One thing I want from the pick Chase group is more specific plans to address the OL.  The class depth is immense, but give me a few names and scenario if a stud DL is there in the 2nd.  

I won't lie that my vision may be blurred from the thirst for a good OL again.  Instead, some (not all) Chase backers come across like "we will have so many weapons we will figure it out".  That comes across like a communist trying to tell me why it hasn't worked before but will work this time.  

I know I sound like the old guy with issues, but Cincy needs to be realistic about the state of the OL or we will repeat futility.  That said, Burrow is a generational gift to the franchise and if Chase helps keep him long term AND you fix the OL I'm for it.  It's just on paper Sewell looks like the best prospect to come out in years at out biggest need. This is a very unique situation hence the civil war.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - phil413 - 04-17-2021, 05:41 PM