Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-19-2021, 09:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Would you take o-linemen off your board if they weren't versatile?

I think one of the things driving my draft thinking is that at WR we are relatively set with Higgins and Boyd and need to draft a certain type of WR (an outside receiver with speed). That limits our choices at WR whereas at O-line we're only really set with Jonah so that we can easily find a place for pretty much anyone we draft.

I know T is more valuable than G but I'm not sure about a draft strategy of taking a developmental player in the 2nd before returning to grab the starter in the 3rd. I think a coach in the hot seat like Zac who needs to win this season would be even less keen on it.

38 also seems a little high for him. I know he tested really well but I'm seeing him go in the 4th or 5th rounds in the mocks I do - I expect him to go higher than that and teams can seemingly reach for tackles but 38 seems very punchy for him.

It is a tough call.  I think of when they drafted Whit, but he was a highly regarded prospect.  I think Brown did enough at the Senior Bowl to prove his abilities to go with his massive potential.  I think he could even push to start this year by midseason.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective - SHRacerX - 04-19-2021, 01:43 PM