Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-17-2021, 03:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: When did RAS suddenly become some ubiquitous term? I have seen it thrown around a ton this offseason, and don't recall it ever really being such a thing in past offseasons.

Also worth noting, I looked this RAS stat up, and WR UDFA (and guy who has already been on 2 teams) Kristian Wilkerson had a higher RAS compared to Justin Jefferson. Cleveland and Becton both has higher RAS compared to Wirfs.

Metric data is not predictive of performance, I view RAS as indicative of potential performance.  It is concrete and some people in sports like concrete data especially in baseball.  It is data to add to talent evaluators arsenal but should not replace other factors.  Sort of like Combine or pro day data.  Someone can be athletic and not be good at football, i.e., John Ross.  

In addition, metric data may indicate innate athletic talent but does not account for scheme fit and coaching variables.  An interesting side note is how polarizing arm length has become with regard to OL players.  the 34" crowd varies but some believe for OT 34" is necessary or the player compensates using hands placement, holding, posture.  Not sure I agree with that assessment but it is one I look at along with feet movement.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - psychdoctor - 04-19-2021, 05:54 PM