Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-19-2021, 08:11 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I really don’t care what former players say, as much as I may respect them. The game is fundamentally different now to such an extent that wide receivers may seriously add more winning value than offensive tackles. I’d have never said that 15 years ago.

I've heard this point made before that WRs are so much more valuable than in the past. The counter point to that is that you can find them in a lot of different rounds in the draft (we've been really successful in the 2nd, Pitt. in every round but the 1st, etc.), and that there are a lot more good wide receivers out there than there are good offensive lineman. 

Edit:

Tight ends on the other hand, are quite rare. But they are risky as they get injured more often it seems. A 1st round TE can be a bit of a gamble in my mind. Who knows which TE will be the next Kelce that never gets injured and dominates. Is it Pitts?

We have 3 really good options. I'd be happy with any of them. I'd like Chase just because he's had so much success with Burrow. Pitts could be elite. And Sewell could be a lockdown tackle for 10+ years for us. To me it's easier to get the WR later in the draft. TE is a bit of a gamble. And a cornerstone LT is just more valuable than the other two. That's what I would do when our offensive line is in dire need of improvement. You really don't know what's going to be available in the 2nd round for lineman until the 2nd round. So take the LT now, and go BPA in the 2nd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - Bengalstripes9 - 04-20-2021, 12:58 AM