Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-20-2021, 08:22 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Sewell won't have played for 18 months. He'll probably be changing sides and probably positions as well. He will invariably have struggles. What makes him an enticing prospect is that he's young. But that also means he's not as ready, as experienced as some other prospects.

A second or third rounder who has been playing regularly for the last 3 years (and potentially against better competition) may have a lower ceiling than Sewell but may be more NFL ready and may make more of an immediate impact in 2021 even if Sewell goes onto have a far better career.

Chase hasn't played for 18 months either.

He will struggle early as well getting back into form and playing stronger and faster competition. 

To assume Sewell will struggle and Chase won't is asinine.

And the struggle will be real for a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder as well as they play against better competition then ever before. The best college team would still get killed by the worst NFL team. Guys are bigger, stronger and faster.

Also, Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Carman, Radunz, the list goes on... they all will be changing side or position as well, so again... this logic is flawed for not drafting Sewell.

It actually makes it more important to draft the most athletic guy with the highest ceiling over a 2nd or 3rd rounder who has flaws and less athletic ability. That athleticism will make the position move easier. Meanwhile a 2nd round WR just has to adjust to the game the same as the 1st round guy without a position change.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - Murdock2420 - 04-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM