Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indy medical combine - DeVonta Smith
(04-21-2021, 01:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: "Production" at WR is variable on so many levels.  Marshal and Bateman will be outside WRs.  If you have an elite outside WR, it opens up the middle for your TE and slot WRs.  I don't see an elite slot WR opening up the outside so much.  Smith is an anomoly.  He is fairly tall at 6'1" but a stick figure below 170 lbs.  And that is with him probably TRYING to weigh more.  NFL rigors, that dude might be 155 lbs.  

Waddle might play outside or inside, depending on the team.  

I would imagine that Chase would take those 104 targets that went to AJ Green last year, and I would imagine him coming down with 70 of them over 43.  If he catches 70 balls, you can count on at least 1000 yards, possibly more like 1200 because he is not easy to bring down and has great catch on the run ability.  If he does that, imagine what Uzo, Sample, Boyd, and Higgins can do.  I am not sure if there has been a team with three 1000 yard receivers (all from WRs) but that would be very realistic here.

If you're taking a WR in the Top 10, you should be looking for a WR that will not only be the most productive on your team, but also probably with potential to be a Top 10 WR in the league by the time they are in their prime.

That's my take anyway.

In terms of three WRs being at 1000+ yards, I think the closest in recent memory would be CAR last year.
DJ Moore and Robby Anderson both had over 1000 yards, and Curtis Samuel had 851.
Samuel also had 200 yards rushing, so he did exceed 1000 yards from scrimmage.
We're also more likely to see it now that there will be 17 games in the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indy medical combine - DeVonta Smith - ochocincos - 04-21-2021, 01:21 PM