Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-20-2021, 09:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Huh? This team is so bad, the first round pick NEEDS to make an immediate impact. This team is SO bad, that all 3 of Sewell, Chase and Pitts make an immediate impact. Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you meant by what you wrote....

I don't think they are so bad at all. I think they are a small handful of players and a coach growing into the position away from being dominant.

Over the last 2 seasons, the Bengals have held the lead in of 24 out of 32 games played. They aren't getting just rolled on. They need playmakers and tweaks. 1 or two plays a game last season and at the half way mark they are 7-1 or 6-2. The plays were there to be made and the players just didn't make them. Chargers game, Browns game, Colts game, Redskins game, Eagles game. and on and on. And that was during the hardest part of the Bengals schedule.

I'm actually very optimistic about this season and moving forward. 1/4th of the offseason is done (opening of FA period) and I like what they are doing. Draft, back half of FA period, & camps. They only need to get better in 2 or 3 key spots and that's it. 1 or 2 WR, 1 or 2 OL, 1 DL.... and I would LOVE a big time kicker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - PDub80 - 04-21-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM