Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-21-2021, 04:08 PM)yang Wrote: I think it was 6 NFL corners and top college defenses ending up with torching AJ Terrell in the championship game 3 straight times when they tried to play him man.  This can't be understated enough.  Chase basically dictates what defenses will do which is important.  Good luck playing press man on him.  This really plays into Zach's offensive schemes and Burrow's strengths attacking zones.  Chase did not need to play last year because he already showed all he needed too.

I see your point, but when you have 2 other 1st round NFL WRs and a 1st round RB out of the backfield, it's not really far to say that Chase was dictating what was going on.  Teams just picked their poison.  Sometimes teams reduced his effectiveness (Georgia 3/41, OU 2/61, Mississippi State 5/48 etc.) while Jefferson would roll up big numbers.

I also wonder what he would have looked like playing with a QB other than Burrow, because he didn't do much his freshman year.

I have no doubt that he will be a top 10 WR in a couple years, but I still struggle to figure out if he's a better pick than Sewell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Hammerstripes - 04-21-2021, 04:25 PM