Poll: With great confidence, who will the pick be? Make a statement!
This poll is closed.
Chase 90%+
57.14%
12 57.14%
Sewell 90%+
28.57%
6 28.57%
Neither 90%+
9.52%
2 9.52%
None of the above.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest
(04-21-2021, 06:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I thought it was really going to be Chase for a while.

Then I recently thought about the new uniform reveal.

Joe's scar was really present.

[Image: EzV1jd5UYAUlO3-.jpg]

Is this somehow just an imagery precursor to justifying the Sewell pick?

Your injured QB's knee spread throughout media about a week before the draft.

Hmmm. Hmm

Everyone knows we need to improve the O-line.  No doubt.

It's just how, or better yet who, is the best fit and overall value for the team that causes all this bickering.

The most valid argument I've heard for Sewell is a hard run on O-linemen late 1st rd into early 2nd rd leaving the Bengals slim pickings at #38.

We desperately need someone to improve the interior O-line whether an existing T slides, the draft pick at T slides in, or we get a plug and play G, or lastly a C who dethrones Hopkins/Price.

One of them has to happen and be NFL ready... and I'm team Chase.  It's even more pressing if Williams breaks again at T.

I wish it were true but I can't see it (the smokescreen- I can see the scar perfectly fine!). It would just involve too many actors and the Bengals have never pulled off a conspiracy like that. Plus, the Collinsworth interview was absolutely clear. Joe seems to enjoy what the scar represents. The OL was "really starting to click" when he got hurt.

On one hand, I would let him make the call. It's his body (I sound like I'm pro-choice haha). On the other, he's just so young. Maybe he's still naive. This isn't a war zone, after all, and his body won't cooperate with him forever. He needs to be smart about it.

I just hope he consults with other top QBs who've been through the grind- Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Aikman, Favre, etc.- and see what they would advise him to do. As long as he does that, I'm ok with who they select and why, no matter how juvenile it may seem to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - Stewy - 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - tms - 04-21-2021, 08:45 PM