Poll: With great confidence, who will the pick be? Make a statement!
This poll is closed.
Chase 90%+
57.14%
12 57.14%
Sewell 90%+
28.57%
6 28.57%
Neither 90%+
9.52%
2 9.52%
None of the above.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest
(04-21-2021, 06:17 PM)tms Wrote: This is why I want everyone in the media to publicize how they feel. I don't want this to be weaponized to mock the Bengals (and for that matter, our fanbase) in the future. I want to know where everyone stands on the issue by April 29.

It's disconcerting to me that former NFL players/management seem almost unanimously to be behind taking a lineman, even if they're hinting that they might consider another name (i.e. Chase). As long as it remains like this, we're serving ourselves on a silver platter if we take Chase and it doesn't work out. The only way to mitigate some of that risk is to get everyone on the record in advance, just to ensure that revisionist historians around the NFL don't ridicule us for the next generation by implying that we went out on a limb and "bungled" another pick.

I hate thinking this far ahead as a fan but I can't help it. This team can no longer be naive as to how the national media is planning to use them.

I don't think I've heard a single ex-player, talking head or personnel type say that taking any of Sewell, Chase or Pitts would be 'going out on a limb'. In fact, it's been just the opposite...pretty much everyone has been saying they're getting a great player no matter which one they end up taking...even if it's not the guy they think should be the pick. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - Stewy - 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - Bengalholic - 04-21-2021, 09:01 PM