Poll: With great confidence, who will the pick be? Make a statement!
This poll is closed.
Chase 90%+
57.14%
12 57.14%
Sewell 90%+
28.57%
6 28.57%
Neither 90%+
9.52%
2 9.52%
None of the above.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest
(04-21-2021, 09:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't think I've heard a single ex-player, talking head or personnel type say that taking any of Sewell, Chase or Pitts would be 'going out on a limb'. In fact, it's been just the opposite...pretty much everyone has been saying they're getting a great player no matter which one they end up taking...even if it's not the guy they think should be the pick. 

Of course, but that's a separate topic. Nobody will come out and say "(So-and-so) promises to be a bust!" Come on now, even Robert Gallery had his day in the sun. :) I'm talking specifically about the choice between OL and WR for a team whose QB is coming off a Theismann. If a guy like Chase doesn't pan out, there will be a lineup around the block of 'experts' mocking the Bengals for "not addressing an obvious need, and instead falling for a flavor-of-the-month skill player!" Who knows what else they can come up with by then. 

I'm not saying that that's right or wrong, just that that's how the media works and has always done. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - Stewy - 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: Pound the Table - Thump the Chest - tms - 04-21-2021, 09:17 PM