Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-22-2021, 12:37 AM)PDub80 Wrote: - The Bengals, IMO, got much better against the run this offseason. Much much better.

- I felt like the Bengals had that Chargers game dead to rights last year. And I think the two teams are more evenly matched than it may seem... when healthy.

- Bears D is always tough, but they hate to score points. I'm not sure they'll be killing it. Bengals eventually seemed to figure out how to light up good defenses. Colts, Titans, Browns, WFT (should have had 20 by half time).

- Steelers have been conquered and are old. Finley beat them on MNF..... This group is different now. I think the big bad wolf had some teeth pulled out as far as they're concerned.

- Jags will be interesting. None of these games should be easy.... but winnable is definitely not out of the vocabulary here.

PDub always enjoy your post and typically agree with you.  

However, I look at that schedule and there's a lot of question marks. 

I dont believe our Defense is that much better until Lou proves he can coach it better.  You can have better personnel but that doesn't automatically mean he can coach the defense up.  His defenses have ranked 27th and 24th in his first 2 seasons do you assume with a few additions there automatically going to jump into the upper teens (10-15) rankings?  I think tops this defense ranks at 20 this season and I have so much faith in Lou that I think they're more likely to remain closer to 25-30 in defense.  

I think the Bengals offense will be much better this year.  Assuming there are no injuries on the line.  So I do agree that we'll score points.  However, it goes back to defense, if we can't keep the other team off the field then it doesn't matter how much JoeyB is on the field.  

Steelers may be old but they've always been a pain in our ass.  No matter if their good or shitty.   Just when you think Ben is old and decrepit he turns around and will have a Pro Bowl year and we wonder HTF did he do that?   So I'd never count out the Steelers.  

When looking at our division I do think think the Bengals are the worst team in the division until they prove otherwise.  The Steelers, Ravens, and Browns are all playoff teams from last year.  We were good enough to get the #5 spot in the draft.  Results talk.  

I think the Jags are going to turn it around first season with Urban.  I truly think UM is one of the few college coaches that know how to run a football team like a corporation.  He'll have that team fighting for a playoff spot if not in the playoffs in his first year.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - TJ528 - 04-22-2021, 09:03 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM