Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(04-21-2021, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well as you know I would be more than fine with either pick, especially Pitts who I like the best. I understand all your points.

Would rather trade back and take Vera Tucker than trade up into the first too BTW. More picks is better than less even if I like 
Vera Tucker a lot and not quite as much as Sewell. Both did play in the same conference as you said. I just don't understand being 
completely close minded against taking Pitts or Chase at 5. This part is crazy to me in a very deep OL class.

Hey Nate hope things are good!

So this is where I question a very deep OL class.  

Were these players good in college?  yes they were very good in college.  

So was Billy Price, so was Michael Jordan, and you can go down the list of misses on the offensive line. 

Typically, if you draft an OL in the first round your going to hit.  After that its a crap shoot.  

So the experts can say oh this a deep draft for OL.  They said the QB drafts are great in the past and you could pick one up in the first 2 rounds and win.  

I mean you can look at the deep QB draft of 2019 and you had Kyler Murray who was the #1 pick who's going ot be good.  Daniel Jones (mehh), Dwayne Haskins (cut once already), Drew Lock (still floundering), Will Grier (is he even in the league), Ryan Finley (he's so good we traded him), Jarrett Stidham (back up in NE).  

So again all the experts can say how deep a draft is but until a player shows his potential on the field in the NFL that's all it's called is potential.  

I understand we'll probably draft 3 or 4 OL in this draft and I'm fine with that, but you can't rely on rookies to block for your star player, who's coming off a major knee injury.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - TJ528 - 04-22-2021, 09:17 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM