Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects”
(04-21-2021, 04:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Mitch Trubisky made the Pro-Bowl, I think Lawrence can get there as well.

That being said, I think Lawrence would have been the number prospect last year as well, but I would have been a Burrow guy.  Burrow just brings the "other dimension" to the game that I don't think Lawrence has.  I didn't think Tua had it last year either.

Yeah, a lot of folks have mistaken the 2020 Jags defense for the Bears.   Hilarious

I love Burrow for how he seems to be, in his words, "All about ball" and his mind is as dangerous as his body.  I hate to make this kind of comparison, but his chip (boulder) on his shoulder and his self-confidence remind me a lot of Tom Brady.  Lawrence reminds me a lot of a young John Elway.  Incredible athlete, but has dominated his level of competition on athleticism alone.  That won't work.  Not to say he won't win any games, but he isn't facing Syracuse defenses any longer and he doesn't have superior athletes to his competition surrounding him at most positions.  I look at how Lawrence played (not that they lost, but how HE played) against Burrow in the NC game, and then this past year against OSU.  He struggled.  Burrow and Fields had incredible games against his Clemson defenses that were arguably better than the LSU defense and the OSU defense (especially the 2020 version...that 2019 defense was insane) and he struggled in both those games.  

I am not saying he is Bo Callahan, but I see a lot more Brian Drew in Burrow.  Admit it, you love that movie even if it is the Browns.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen Stats “Can’t Miss Prospects” - SHRacerX - 04-22-2021, 10:51 AM